If you were once assigned to plan a corporate event even with the help of a Dubai event management team, you’re probably aware that corporate event planning is not even comparable to party planning. When planning a business even, there’s a lot at stake and it’s not only about making sure that guests are having a nice time. There are things you should and shouldn’t do if you want your corporate event to meets your goals.
What you SHOULD do:
- Most venues that are huge enough to accommodate corporate events easily get booked up in advance. Thus, you need to consider various locations for your company’s event, and make sure you have a Plan B just in case.
- Set up an RSVP system. The last thing you want is to pour your sweat, blood and tears into planning the event only to have nobody showing up in it. This is the same advice you will get from professional Abu Dhabi event managementcompanies.
- Let your invitees know about your event in advance. You need to give your invitees enough time to decide whether to attend your event or not. This means that you should send invitations at least 3 months in advance.
- Talk about the event in social media. Social media is a powerful tool for event planning. You want more people to know about your scheduled event by spreading the word about it using social media posts.
What you SHOULDN’T do:
- Planning a corporate event for a Monday or Friday is not a good idea. Not many people would want to spend their first and last day of the week attending events for business purposes.
- Avoid holding corporate events during vacation season. According to event management experts, the best time to host a corporate event is after the vacation season when people are well rested and recharged.
- There is no need for a theme for your corporate event. Remember that corporate events are all about professionalism, which means that having a theme is unnecessary. If you want, you can set a color scheme so that your attendees won’t have to think hard about what appropriate attire to wear.
- Remember to delegate. If you are holding a huge corporate event, it’s even more necessary for you to delegate tasks to a team. You don’t want to have all the burden of the planning. It’s an even better idea to hire a team of Qatar event management professionals who are experienced in organizing corporate events.